Data Engineer -Azure-New York City
Location: New York, NY
Technology: Azure Big Data, Microsoft BI
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Date Posted: July 26, 2019
My client is searching for an experienced, detail oriented Data Engineer to join the marketing team within our USA Headquarters in New York, NY. This position will play a key role in collaborating with reporting teams, business areas, and technology teams to enhance the advanced analytics user experience. Successful candidates will have a comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft BI suite, Azure Cloud Tools/Technologies, and familiarity with data mining techniques. This role will design and maintain technical infrastructure that meets business requirements and follow system architecture best practices.
- Partner with global data teams to build and maintain a localized, compliant, Azure-based Data Lake
- Translate business needs into detailed requirements for technical teams
- Take end-to-end responsibility for design, build, and maintenance of batch and real-time data pipelines from a variety of data sources
- Acquire and synthesize the data from different external sources into usable and consistent format
- Create data models to enable reporting, advanced analytics, and marketing activation based on understanding of business needs
- Collaborate with analysts and other key stakeholders to bring models into production
- Build project timelines and project plans to manage key stakeholders and interim deadlines for on-time delivery
- Design, develop, Quality Assurance (QA) and maintain application code
- Provide thought-leadership and dependable execution on diverse projects
- 3+ years of experience in a data engineer (or similar) role
- Expertise working with structured data, applying methods, technologies and techniques that address data architecture, integration and governance of data. Additional experience working with and analyzing unstructured data (such as text analytics) preferred
- Experience in database concepts, data modelling; data integration including design and architecture
- Advanced knowledge of Azure and Data Lake builds
- Advanced skills and experience using SQL, Python, Java, and other query and programming languages
- Working knowledge of managing IaaS and SaaS systems
- Experience with Big Data technologies (BigQuery, Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with BI and data visualization tools. Power BI experience preferred
- Experience with SQL Server Management Studio, Azure Dev Ops, and Visual Studio
- Knowledge of data mining and predictive modeling. Familiarity with machine learning, and/or natural language processing preferred
- Able to effectively manage competing & parallel project demands. Strong project management skills required.
Benefits and Perks:
- Annual bonus
- Paid vacation time
- Transit assistance
- Seamless lunch allowance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Free Machine and coffee allowance
- 401K savings match
- Full medical benefits
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (Brittany Toth) 212-731-8282. My client is looking to start the interview process as soon as possible.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft recruitment, advertising more Azure roles than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America.
By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Azure market, I have built relationships with most of the key employers in the Greater New York area and have a complete understanding of where the best Azure Data & Data Science opportunities are.