Azure Data Warehouse Developer - Andover - £70k
A fantastic company based in the Andover area are recruiting for an Azure Data Warehouse Developer to join their expanding team.
Working within the financial and healthcare sectors this company is at the forefront of their industry and is going through a large transformation with a key focus on their data and analytics function. You would be joining this company at an exciting time and be an important part of this transformation by driving the migration to MS Azure.
This company is passionate about ensuring that they have a positive impact on society, with a key focus on the local community. They financially support both local and national charities as well as ensuring that colleagues have the opportunity to take part in volunteering and fundraising events. By working with a number of charity partners they improve access to healthcare for the many by investing 10% of their profits into charities who can make this a reality. By taking the time to put together a well thought out sustainability plan they are able to minimise their impact on the environment and have a positive impact on society. If you want to work for a company with a fantastic culture and moral focus, then this is the company for you.
This is an extremely interesting role which allows you to be in the driving seat in the migration to MS Azure. Your primary function will be to build a SQL Data Warehouse in Azure and you should be confident in doing so. You will work with a team of BI Developers to help deliver this Data Warehouse in Azure and will act as the SME in doing so. As such, you will be expected to provide advice and guidance on the use of data bricks, data flows, and SQL Server data warehouse. Further, you will be involved in data modelling, design and development of BI solutions.
Your role will be varied and you will be required to hit the ground running. Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating SSIS packages per business requirements
- Designing the data warehouse solution in MS Azure
- ETL development and troubleshooting
- Utilising data visualisation tools, such as Tableau, to design and maintain reports and dashboards
- Maintain delivery Pipelines
- Assist in keeping development processes and methodologies up to date and relevant
This role is one which requires you to be a leader, self-sufficient, and have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. You should also have the following technical experience:
- Strong SQL Server plus T-SQL experience
- Strong data warehousing experience
- Hands-on ETL development experience
- Understanding of a range of DBA tasks
- Hands-on experience with MS Azure and creating a SQL data warehouse in Azure
- Good experience across the MS BI Stack - SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Experience working with data visualisation tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Good understanding of Salesforce
- Exposure/understanding of Python
If you think that you would be a good fit for this role then apply with your CV today - interviews are taking place next week! Alternatively, contact David Airey on 0191 338 7508 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.