Data Engineer with Spark experience- Chicago, IL-125k-Perm
Position: Data Engineer
Technology: Big Data
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Permanent
About the Role:
Our client has an exciting role opening up for a data engineer. The candidate will build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
The ideal candidate is a passionate IT expert who can easily be transparent and a team player. The rest of the team will be relying on you heavily. Candidate will have prior professional experience as a data engineer in the Azure, AWS, or Google cloud
*Cloud experience and Spark is required*
What you Bring to the table:
- 4+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- implementing and optimizing data pipelines
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Code unit testing.
- Experience with the following data types, structures and techniques is a big plus:
- Time series data
- Location Data (GIS)
- ML/AI techniques such as Neural Nets, SVM, Linear/Logistic Regression
- Association Rule Mining, etc. for both out of sample prediction as well as inference
- Ability and willingness to understand, learn, and use new programming languages quickly.
- familiar with Linux shell, scripting, process monitoring and management, SSH.
What they can give you:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Stock Option Plan
- Transportation Stipend
The company is actively searching for candidates to interview, do not miss this opportunity! You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 646.863.7598 (ext. 7598). I'm eagerly looking forward to helping you advance your career!
What's in it for you:
I am unlike other recruiters in that I thrive on building our relationship and making it more personal to ensure working together is a happy experience for you! I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure big data candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Nigel Frank International is the Global Leader in Microsoft Azure recruitment. We are a part of Frank Recruitment Group, one of the most successful global recruitment businesses in the last 10 years and backed by private equity firm TPG Growth.