Data Engineer - Boston, MA
Location: Boston, MA
Technology: BI/Big Data
Job Type: Full Time/ Permanent
Date Posted: July 9, 2019
My client is a fast-growing startup applying practical A.I. and machine learning to disrupt the massive aviation transportation market.
They're looking for a talented Data Engineer, who will be hands-on, innovative and passionate about building vast, heterogenous datasets and creating practical and scalable data management solutions
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and maintain a scalable data management architecture to support the storage and querying of large heterogenous datasets
- Create and maintain data pipelines to automate the processing of large data sets
- Partner with other engineering functions within the company to understand the data and drive analytics
- Help design and maintain efficient data collection workflows with other groups within the company
- Manage and perform data analysis to identify data quality issues
- Propose new technologies that could improve the way data is handled
- Manage data security and provide efficient access to engineering teams
- Communicate technical data and approaches to both technical and non-technical audiences
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ years' experience working with and processing big data
- In-depth understanding of database design and structure principles, data management fundamentals, data storage principles and data quality analysis
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize complex data.
- Proficiency in SQL or other database technology.
- Proficiency with scripting languages for automating repetitive tasks.
- Experience with Hadoop, Cassandra, or other Big Data technologies
- Experience building optimized data pipelines and architectures.
- Experience working with cloud computing services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.).
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial and business principles
- Ability to follow all applicable Business Management System (BMS) processes.
- Unlimited PTO
- Regular in-office social events, happy hours, etc.
- 401K match program
- Health/Medical/Dental benefits
- Open vacation policy
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please send your resume directly to email@example.com or call (Finlay Boyle) 212-731-8282. My client is looking to start the interview process as soon as possible.
Nigel Frank is the Azure recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best Azure professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the Azure permanent and contract recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally from our offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
At Nigel Frank, our mission is simple: we want happy customers. Whether you're an Azure professional walking into your dream Azure job, or an organization hiring an incredible contractor for your cloud migration project, our goal is to deliver an unrivalled customer experience. Work with us and you'll get the personalized experience you deserve - one you'll simply not find at any other recruitment agency. At Nigel Frank, we find great people great jobs in Azure.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Big Data and cloud analytics candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance. For more information on available Azure Big Data Jobs as well as the cloud market, I can be contacted at 212-731-8282. Please see www.nigelfrank.com for more information.
Big Data / Data Science / Hadoop / Microsoft Business Intelligence / BI / Business Intelligence / SSRS / SSAS / SSIS / SQL / T-SQL / MDX / Azure / Cloud / AWS / Data Warehouse / ETL / Power BI / Architect / Big Data / Hadoop / Scala / Python / Apache / Hive / Spark / MS Azure / Amazon Web Services / AWS / EMR / RDS/ Redshift / S3 / EC2 / Lambda / Glue / Data Pipeline / Kafka / Power BI / Data Lake / Data Lake Analytics / Azure IoT Hubs / BLOB Storage / HDInsight / Data Factory / Machine Learning / SQL Data Warehouse / Steam Analytics / Ruby / DynamoDB / Kinesis