Infrastructure Engineer - Up to £50k
Due to a combination of internal progression and growth of a client of Nigel Frank they require an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join a well-established customer focused team delivering multiple internal and external projects in a fast paced environment.
The role is to provide infrastructure expertise and assist in the implementation of new and upgraded customer environments.
The role will require a high level of technical proficiency and will be involved in all elements of implementation for internal and external customers in a busy and growing managed services environment. As well as providing technical expertise and escalation support for Frontline internal technical support teams where required.
You will have a firm background in VMware technologies, virtualisation, storage and networking. Working in a fast paced project environment. You will also have experience working alongside a technical Service Desk, assisting the resolution of internal and customer faults and queries and providing documented root cause analysis.
The Infrastructure engineer role offers great potential to demonstrate your experience and skills in a complex and modern hosting environment. Enabling the you to enhance your skills through tight involvement with the development and implementation of new environments based upon the latest technologies.
Required Technical Knowledge:
Essential Real World Experience of:
- vSphere 5.5 - 6.7
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 to 2016
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 and higher
- Citrix XenApp & Microsoft RDS
- Microsoft AD, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Profiles, Group Policy
- Hypervisor technology specifically VMWare & Hyper-V
- Storage Solutions
- HP hardware
- Provide Infrastructure advice and guidance to multiple managed services customers and internal teams.
- Provide hardware recommendations and develop technical solutions following customer requirement gathering and discovery exercises
- Preparation and compilation of technical documentation to support new system deployments.
- Understanding of high level solution designs and technical implementation plans
- Preparation and creation of Service Operations documentation including handover to support teams
- Build, configuration and deployment of internal and customer solutions
- Proactive support for multiple customer and internal hosted environments providing technical expertise and escalation support for our technical support teams where required
- Engage with internal 1st/2nd/3rd Line analysts to assist with customer fault/problem resolution and transfer knowledge verbally and via documented knowledge base articles
- To comply with documented ISO procedures at all times
- Following a familiarization period within the organization to become an active member of the out of hours support team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously whilst communicating progress
- Identify and communicate risks and issues including escalation to the Project Manager
- Provide Highlight reports to the Project Manager as required
This is a brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply and I will call you to discuss further details. This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so make sure you don't miss out and APPLY NOW!