BI Manager - Tunbridge Wells - £45-55k
A leading company is recruiting for a BI Manager in their Tunbridge Wells office to head up their BI function and lead a small team.
This position involves coordinating, designing and maintaining the company's reporting systems. You will be required to provide the company with robust information, analysis and insight which will allow them to achieve their long term strategic goals. You will be responsible for managing a small team of BI/Data coordinators who will assist you in ensuring that the information delivered to the business is accurate and done so in a timely manner. You will work with multiple sources of data which will need to be brought together to provide the required information. This will mean that you will need to liaise with both internal and external IT suppliers to ensure that the business's needs are facilitated in the best way.
You will be allowed the resources to stay up to date with the latest information techniques and developing technology, such as Power BI. Your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing reporting systems considering Power BI and SSRS and prepare plans to migrate the old reporting systems on to this new platform.
- Coordinate development of data platforms to ensure that they are user friendly.
- Develop new ways of working that streamline processes, utilises web services and minimise repetition.
- Coordinate the development of new data platforms that will be available for users to explore
- Develop a data security structure and profile staff to best fit their needs while protecting
- Support the migration and reporting on new systems
- Manage the team of BI coordinators, organising work, agreeing priorities setting objective
and developing them for the future business needs
- Prioritise and arrange reporting requests.
- Develop a suit of dashboards and reports in Power BI and SSRS giving insights into income,
profitability and other requirements.
- Provide training and support to business users in Power BI and SSRS.
To be a good fit for this role you should have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be confident in leading a small BI team. Any leadership, training or mentoring experience will be extremely beneficial. Further, you should have the following technical skills:
- Very experienced with SQL Server plus T-SQL
- Very experienced with SSIS and SSRS
- Have an excellent understanding of data warehousing technicques
- Have a good working knowledge of Power BI (or a similar reporting tool)
- Be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of data security
If you think that you would be a good fit for this role then apply today - interviews are taking place next week! Alternatively, for more information contact David Airey at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0191 338 7508.