Responsible to collaborate with users and others to collect and communicate functional requirements as well as provide end-user support for Microsoft Dynamics NAV as deployed at Client. This role also includes quality assurance activities, user documentation creation, and end-user training.
- Elicit, document, summarize and prioritize high-level and detailed functional requirements by interviewing individuals and small groups
- Complete Business Requirements Document following standard guidelines and templates
- Construct business process models using Visio or similar tools
- Advise and challenge business units to implement or change business processes that benefit from NAV functionality
- Write and execute user acceptance and system test plans to ensure full functional testing of NAV and related systems prior to system conversion
- Document test results
- Participate in planning and preparation for conference room pilots (CRP)
- Lead CRP in various topics
- Train new and existing users in operations related topics such as job orders, customer orders, purchase order receipts, cycle counts, and more
- Provide effective logging, tracking, and follow-up on open issues and assignments
- Provide focused, on-site user support during go-live events
- 4+ years functional experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 or higher - focused on supply chain, warehouse, logistics, manufacturing and distribution
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in Computer Science, Technology or Business discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience working with Jet Reports or comparable reporting and business intelligence tools
- Good interpersonal skills adept at understanding and communicating functional and technical concepts
- Effective time management skills - routinely called on to prioritize a large number of tasks and report on project status
- Attention to detail - particularly in the areas of application testing, quality assurance and systems documentation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, Visio)
- Experience with Oil and Gas manufacturing
- Experience with Business Process Improvements, Business Analysis, Operations and/or Inventory Management
- Experience as a Business Analyst
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Able to read, speak and write English
- Ability to use sophisticated computer software programs to achieve job functions
- Sitting - at desk or computer station, standing, walking, speaking, hearing - frequent.
- Bending/Stooping, twisting, lifting - occasional.
- Gripping, reaching, writing, fingering (data entry), handling (paper, files, etc.) - frequent
- Able to work under stressful conditions at times.
- Fine Motor Skills - typing, 10-key, ability to write for extended periods of time.
- Communication - phone communication, communication with personnel and vendors.
- Seeing - able to see the computer screen.
- Climbing - able to go up and down stairs.
- Position will require a minimum of 40 hours per week unless otherwise directed by supervisor.
- Strong work ethics of integrity and honesty strives for excellence in all activities employing accompanying communication.
- Dependable, reliable and capable of fulfilling responsibilities.