Data Engineer - Boston, MA
Location: Boston, MA
Technology: Cloud Big Data (Azure, AWS, GCP)
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Date Posted: June 12, 2019
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and implement data infrastructure and pipelines that collect, connect, centralize, and curate data from various internal and external data sources.
- Create automation systems and tools to configure, monitor, and orchestrate our data infrastructure and our data pipelines.
- Evaluate new technologies for continuous improvements in Data Engineering.
- Collaborate closely with the product/applications teams to build out new data products.
- Work with data scientists and data analysts to implement descriptive, forecasting and predictive algorithms and models using the latest technologies.
- Bring an entrepreneurial mindset, openness, transparency, and collegiality to your everyday work.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or related degrees.
- Strong coding skills in one or more modern programming languages, Python preferred
- 2+ years of experience with data engineering or similar experience,
- Experience with developing backend subsystems of large web applications or complex ETL processing systems.
- Fluency with SQL and Relational Databases, like PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.
- DevOps mindset, experience with continuous integration and automation tools and processes, like TeamCity/Jenkins/Bamboo.
- A strong desire to build meaningful solutions for a life sciences business.
- Task oriented with ability and experience of completing deliverables on schedule
- Ability to work closely with a team of technical and non-technical individual contributors, in multiple geographic locations.
- Experience with Apache Spark, Apache Beam or related distributed processing frameworks.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS cloud services.
- Experience with Apache Airflow or related workflow scheduling products.
- Experience with developing microservices with Docker and Kubernetes to serve machine learning models.
- Unlimited PTO
- Regular in-office social events, happy hours, etc.
- 401K match program
- Health/Medical/Dental benefits
- Open vacation policy
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (Finlay Boyle) 212-731-8282. My client is looking to start the interview process as soon as possible. Nigel Frank is the Azure recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best Azure professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the Azure permanent and contract recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally from our offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. At Nigel Frank, our mission is simple: we want happy customers. Whether you're an Azure professional walking into your dream Azure job, or an organization hiring an incredible contractor for your cloud migration project, our goal is to deliver an unrivalled customer experience. Work with us and you'll get the personalized experience you deserve - one you'll simply not find at any other recruitment agency. At Nigel Frank, we find great people great jobs in Azure. I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Big Data and cloud analytics candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance. For more information on available Azure Big Data Jobs as well as the cloud market, I can be contacted at 212-731-8282. Please see www.nigelfrank.com for more information.
Big Data / Data Science / Hadoop / Microsoft Business Intelligence / BI / Business Intelligence / SSRS / SSAS / SSIS / SQL / T-SQL / MDX / Azure / Cloud / AWS / Data Warehouse / ETL / Power BI / Architect / Big Data / Hadoop / Scala / Python / Apache / Hive / Spark / MS Azure / Amazon Web Services / AWS / EMR / RDS/ Redshift / S3 / EC2 / Lambda / Glue / Data Pipeline / Kafka / Power BI / Data Lake / Data Lake Analytics / Azure IoT Hubs / BLOB Storage / HDInsight / Data Factory / Machine Learning / SQL Data Warehouse / Steam Analytics / Ruby / DynamoDB / Kinesis