Cloud Big Data Engineer-New York
Location: New York City
Technology: Cloud Big Data
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Date Posted: June 10, 2019
*CLOUD EXPERIENCE REQUIRED*
Big Data Engineer Role & Responsibilities:
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Spark and the Google Cloud Platform.
- Manage workflows in support of both product and our AI/Data Science pipeline, you'll be introduced to our unique ingest and processing pipelines turning proprietary data assets into groundbreaking solutions
- Build stream ingestion processes to efficiently send, process, analyze & publish data
- Perform analyses of large structured and unstructured data to solve multiple & complex business problems
- Investigate and prototype different task dependency frameworks to understand the most appropriate design for a given use case
- Drive the execution & delivery of data pipelines (ETL/ELT)
Big Data Engineer Required Experience & Qualifications:
Tools can be learned if you're a general strong engineer! To give you a flavor of our current tools:
Streaming: Spark Streaming, Pub/sub
Cloud Technologies: GCP (BigQuery, Cloudproc, Cloudflow, BigQuery, Compute Engine), Azure (HDInsight, data factory)
- Unlimited PTO
- REMOTE FLEXIBILTY
- Regular in-office social events, happy hours, etc.
- Health/Medical/Dental benefits
- Open vacation policy
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please send your resume directly to email@example.com or call (Brittany Toth) 212-731-8282. My client is looking to start the interview process as soon as possible.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft recruitment, advertising more Azure roles than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Azure market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in The Greater New York area and have a complete understanding of where the best Azure opportunities are Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the Microsoft permanent and contract recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally from our offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.