BI Solution Architect - Crawley - £80-100k
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services is looking for a BI Solution Architect paying £80-100k!
As a Microsoft BI Solution Architect, you will use your knowledge of the Microsoft stack to build OLTP and data warehouse workloads across traditional on-premises and cloud platforms or to build best practice reports, dashboards and visualizations.
You will help the company to grow their capability by designing and delivering modern Microsoft analytical solutions including Azure. You will be working with customers to lead their vendor selection processes and architect a full data and analytics solution covering both Cloud and on premises.
The projects you would be involved in are varied. You may be asked to help define a client's data visualization transformation roadmap, and other times you may be creating some innovative BI solutions for a complex business problem or even assisting in responding to client bid responses.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and build MSBI solutions across on-premises and cloud platforms
- Enterprise designs including high-availability, platform migration, high-performing solutions
- Work with clients, local teams and offshore resources to deliver modern BI solutions
- Assist in Proof of Concepts
- Assist in Pre-sales
- Lead on aspects of day to day delivery in agile delivery environments
- Build relationships with clients to establish a high-level of MSBI expertise
- Internally, you will help identify improved ways of working, contribute to the I&D practice and mentor juniors and be part of a knowledge management initiative.
This global leading company can offer you the opportunity to work on the best projects, alongside the best talent, with incredible career progression opportunities.
You will be joining the Enterprise BI team, part of the Insights and Data Global Practice, which has seen strong growth and continued success across a variety of projects and sectors. With skills in and customers who demand leading skills across a variety of BI and Data management technologies, this company really is at the forefront of their industry.
You may be based at any of the UK offices as a base location, however, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as this role may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
To be a good fit for this role you should have the following experience:
- Knowledge of SQL Server versions 2005 to 2016
- Broad range of skills across the Microsoft stack e.g. SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services, Reporting Services (SSRS) from versions 2005 to 2016.
- Experience with the Azure stack and Microsoft PaaS offerings - Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Data Warehouse plus orchestration products like Azure Data Factory and Enterprise Service Bus
- Familiarity with other cloud providers e.g. Amazon, Google
- Visualisation and data exploration tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, R etc
- Data transformation
- Experience of designing and creating data analytics reports/dashboards
If you think this role would be a good fit for you then submit your CV or contact David Airey on 0191 338 7508 or at email@example.com.