One of my trusted clients in London are looking to recruit an experienced Software Project Manager as part of a company-wide recruitment drive planned for the remainder of 2019.
They are a FinTech Software House, operating in the highly competitive Blockchain arena, with a suite of enterprise products servicing some of the largest banks and financial institutions in the world. They products are market-leading and award-winning, with their leadership team acting as 'thought leaders' in the Blockchain space and with ambitious plans to expand as the year progresses.
Moreover, their HQ is in Central London and they have vibrant and colourful offices, filled with collaborative workspaces, snacks (surely that's you sold?) and state of the art hardware. In a nutshell, they are a growing and exciting company, with this role being even better.
Your role will see you operate as a technical cog within a software delivery wheel, operating in a hybrid capacity due to the need for you to engage with both technical and non-technical stakeholders. You will be expected to bring software delivery expertise to the business, working closely with their software engineering team and reporting directly into the board of Directors.
Your role will see you apply best practices, continuously thinking about how they can improve their engineering delivery and work closely to ensure that they are delivering to the expected time and quality.
In terms of what they want you to bring to the table, rather than simply copying and pasting the company JD, I wanted to highlight some of the key areas below:
Agile Delivery Methodologies
- First and foremost, you should have strong experience with Agile delivery methodologies including Scrum and be something of an Agile enthusiast. Moreover, experience with Agile PM tools including JIRA, Trello, Nuvro etc. would be of huge benefit.
E2E Software Delivery Experience
- You should be able to demonstrate proven experience delivery software application projects, including an understanding of the full SDLC and experience with wider PM methodologies such as Waterfall and PRINCE2.
- Whilst you won't be expected to write code or fix servers, you should have both a good awareness and genuine passion for technology with preference given to areas including Java, Blockchain, Scala, .NET, Cloud (AWS, Azure) and DevOps.
- You need to demonstrate proven stakeholder management experience as this role will see you act as a conduit between IT and the wider business. Experience working in a consultancy environment would therefore be handy.
- Finally, whilst you won't be expected to physically manage a huge team, you will be working closely with all of their various technical teams so need to be able to demonstrate proven leadership skills as well as the ability to engage with all levels in the business.
In return for all of the above, you will benefit from a competitive base salary ranging from £80,000 - £90,000 alongside an annual bonus (usually 5%-15%), private medical care, flexible working hours and the opportunity to work on cutting edge projects on a daily basis.
So there you have it... an ad that is hopefully short and snappy enough to get your attention
The question is... do you want to find out more?
If the answer is a resounding 'yes'... give me a call!
You can contact me on either 07943721308 or 0191 338 7540.
Alternatively, you can email me on email@example.com or search for 'Liam Haghighat' on LinkedIn (as you can probably imagine, I am pretty easy to find!).
Anything discussed will remain completely confidential and in compliance with GDPR.