Senior Cloudera Consultant - Houston, TX - $65/HR - 5 Month Contract
This client is looking for a senior Cloudera big data consultants who can implement end-to-big data BI solutions and manage big data projects for clients in different industries dealing with various types of challenging data. Candidates should be driven to help clients gain a competitive advantage by implementing big data solutions which provide them with business insights which enable them to optimize their operational performance. This candidate will be on site 60% of the time and remote 40% of the time. The start date is the beginning of May, 2019.
Skills: Chef (recipes, cookbooks, administration, maintenance upkeep and new creations for the Chef skillsets) Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase, and Solr.
Note: looking for a developer skillset VS an administrator
We are seeking senior Cloudera big data consultants who can implement end-to-big data BI solutions and manage big data projects for clients in different industries dealing with various types of challenging data. Candidates should be driven to help clients gain a competitive advantage by implementing big data solutions which provide them with business insights which enable them to optimize their operational performance. Candidates must have an advanced knowledge of Hadoop (Cloudera or Hortonworks) including supporting projects such as Spark, Kafka, HBase, and SOLR. Programming experience with Python, R or Scala is required as well as implementation experience with DevOps practices. Knowledge of Data Science and Machine Learning is also a plus. Candidates must have strong communication skills that allow them to regularly deal with clients and their staff, as well as with specialists from related fields, including database developers, and software engineers. Candidates must have outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills and a good grasp of both the technical and business side of business intelligence and always keep up to date with the latest big data tools and technologies.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and capabilities:
- Experience in big data development in the Hadoop stack with either the Cloudera (preferred) or Hortonworks platform.
- Experience with base Hadoop components including HDFS, YARN, and Zookeeper
- Experience with designing and securing storage including data lake design patterns
- Experience with data orchestration with Cloudera Director/Apache NiFi and messaging including Kafka
- Experience developing data ingestion scripts with Spark, and Hive/Hbase
- Experience using SOLR for implementation of Enterprise Search
- Experience with big data DevOps to manage deployment of big data configurations, code and monitoring of jobs
- Experience tuning big data workloads including Spark and YARN
- Experience in the identification of data quality
- Provides project management and leadership as appropriate to drive timelines and deliverables
- Trains others on skills and competencies required
- Programming knowledge in Python, R, or Scala is required
- Utilize ad-hoc techniques to perform on-the-fly analysis of data
- Ability to gather requirements and conduct focus groups to determine the processes needed to assist and grow the business
If you believe you have the skill set and fit the description within the role of a Cloud Security Architect, please feel free to forward your Resume and Cover letter to Chris:
Phone: 813-437-6965 (Ext. 6965)
Nigel Frank International is the Global Leader in Microsoft Recruitment. We place more Microsoft professionals into Microsoft jobs than any other recruitment agency with over 2,000 live jobs on our website at any one time. We are a part of Frank Recruitment Group, one of the most successful global recruitment businesses in the last 10 years and backed by private equity firm TPG Growth We are the recruitment partner of choice for 1000's of Microsoft Partners, Customers & ISV's worldwide with over 1000 dedicated consultants operating in more than 34 countries. Similarly, over half of the candidates that we work with use our recruitment services exclusively. I Specialize in the Microsoft Azure and Office 365 market across the North Carolina region. I understand the need for discretion & am keen to speak to anyone considering a career change or just wanting to discuss potential opportunities confidentially.