Site Reliability Engineer- AWS-Dania Beach, FL- $125,000
Our client is looking to hire Site Reliability Engineers at our Dania Beach, FL or Boston, MA locations. You would be responsible for all operational aspects of our clients ecommerce platform. The team is responsible for designing, building, monitoring, and maintaining the infrastructure of our internet-facing and internal services. This is a hands on role so are looking for an engineer who want to be a part of developing infrastructure software, maintaining it, and scaling our clients technology stack.
Role & Responsibilities
- Focus on service stability and reliability by working with application owners to set SLOs, "Error Budget" and backup and DR strategies
- Define application monitoring and alerting strategy
- Perform capacity planning and production readiness assessment
- Embed with product teams during the design and requirements phase of new product development through to initial production launch
- Identify requirements for other operational teams (release engineering, automation, etc.) during application development phase
- Be a technology and Devops evangelist for the rest of the company
- Participate in on-call rotation for level 3 support escalations
- Must have extensive experience working in an SRE role or similar.
- Hands on experience with orchestration and system configuration tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, etc.
- Expert in building and maintaining highly available applications including redundancy, fail over, scalability, monitoring and performance.
- Strong experience with virtualization, monitoring and automation.
- Software development experience (both scripting and "programming" languages).
- Experience working with open source community (troubleshooting, patch submission, etc.).
- Demonstrate experience with Linux System Administration.
- Experience with CI tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Hudson.
- Ability to organize, troubleshoot and continuously learn.
- Previous experience working within controls such as SOX, PCI, etc.
- This position requires travel
If you or someone you know is interested in this role, please contact Jose Crespo immediately at email@example.com with an updated resume.
Nigel Frank is the global leader for cloud technology recruitment, advertising more IaaS and PaaS jobs than any other agency. We work with both Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Cloud market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities with cloud computing are.
Opportunities to speak with any cloud professionals who are considering a new career or job either now or in the future are greatly appreciated. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. For information on the market and some of the opportunities and jobs that are available I can be contacted on 972-437-8259 (4018) or visit www.Nigelfrank.com