Linux System Engineer
A unique opportunity to work as a permanent Linux system engineer for a prestigious web hosting company in South Africa. This company specialises in the development and maintenance of the Linux cloud hosting solutions.
The Role and Key Responsibilities.
-Developing and maintaining hosting infrastructure.
-Work with customers, creating innovative solutions based on their requirements.
- Carry out after hours on call customer support.
- Work with and as a part of a variety of tech teams.
- Be a critical part of the companies hosting platforms long term success in the market.
- Endeavour to improve the team at all time.
- Must be have exceptionally high standards for their quality of their work.
- Understands the false economy of the interim solutions.
- Recognise their own mistakes, learning from them and finding ways to prevent them in the future.
- Have knowledge of preventing loss of data to 'solar flares' and 'bit rot'.
- Passion and love for technology and helping clients.
- Demonstrate an interest in optimal systems and simple procedures.
- Excels at problem solving.
- Recognises the value of team work and the benefits of team work.
Qualifications and Experience.
-Extensive experience with Linux. This can be either in the development or sysadmin.
-Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
-A fantastic success record in this field.
-Competent software developer (Ruby preferred, however not essential).
-Extensive cloud infrastructure and virtualisation experience (Openstack, Docker, Proxmox, Ceph).
-Personal interest in automation tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Terrafrom).
-Experience as the last point of call for escalations.
-Exposure to a variety of application frameworks/software languages.
This is a unique opportunity to work with one of our exclusive clients. For further information regarding your application to this role or to enquire about the multitude of others we have in your field please Email your CV to email@example.com or call on +441914060001.