Situated in Utrecht, my client is a multidisciplinary team of experienced Big Data Architects, Scientists, Strategists and Engineers. Regardless of an organisation's big data level, they help to translate business goals into the design, implementation and utilisation of innovative solutions. They offer key services to deliver business value for customers, depending on the needs and wishes of each organisation.
As a Big Data Engineer, you work closely with the Data Science and Architecture specialists to build end-to-end scalable solutions for the clients customers. Some of the responsibilities may include translating prediction models from experimental programming languages (such as R and Matlab) into reliable and production-friendly code and integrate these solutions into the existing enterprise environments of the customers.
Desirable Personal Traits
- You don't see a battle between technologies or tools, such as IntelliJ vs Eclipse or Centos vs Ubuntu.
- Strong understanding of concepts and know how to implement these concepts, regardless of the tooling.
- Personality to speak up and say what is on your mind. Feel there is something that could be improved? Say so.
- Actively keeps up to date with information and enjoys learning and spreading knowledge.
- Passionate personality who wants to be the best at what we do and who want to transfer their enthusiasm to others.
- More experience in the following, the better: Java, Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, HBase, ElasticSearch, MapReduce, Drill, Impala, Spark, Pig, etc…
- Microsoft Azure, whilst not a must, would be an advantage.
- Experience in multiple projects.
- Dutch speaking.
- Right to work and live within the EU.
- Personal development plans tailored to exactly what you want will be provided.
- Expectations are high, so you will be working with the top colleagues in the field of Big Data.
- Work in a building of five AI/Machine learning companies that work together across varied roles and projects.
- Car allowance and choice of laptop and phone
Interested and want to know more information? Send me a message on LinkedIn or my email. You can always call me as well. All my details are below.
LinkedIn: James Noble email@example.com call me on +31 20 241 8505