I will try to keep this job ad short and (hopefully) sweet.
I am working in partnership with a leading Software Provider and Microsoft Application Development Partner in the North East who are looking to supplement their existing tech function by recruiting an experienced Lead Software Engineer. The role is purely down to growth and will see you come in and build a brand new product team, with the long-term aim being a move into an Engineering Manager position... not bad for progression!
The role will see you work in collaboration with Solutions Architects and Software Engineers, working on a range of products with a big focus on greenfield development. The core focus will be SaaS and Microservices, with additional work being based around IoT, Machine Learning and VR. You will get the chance to genuinely impact their product roadmap, giving you true product ownership and the opportunity to both enhance and improve a product stack that impacts millions of users worldwide.
In terms of core technical requirements, rather than simply copying and pasting the company JD, I wanted to highlight a few of the key things they are looking for from prospective applicants:
- Extensive experience working with the Microsoft .NET stack including C#, .NET Core, ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework.
- Commercial experience working with Cloud-based technologies including Microsoft Azure (preferred) and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Understanding of DevOps processes including CI/CD, with any exposure to DevOps tooling (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet) being an advantage.
- Commercial experience working with APIs, Web Services (REST) and Microservices.
- Experience working with database technologies including Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- Proven experience working with Agile development methodologies including Scrum, Kanban and XP.
In return for the above skills (a majority would be nice!), you will benefit from state-of-the-art training alongside the opportunity to work in an organisation that actually cares about R&D. Moreover, you will ge afforded flexible working hours, occasional remote working and 25 days holiday.
So if you like the sound of the above role and this advert hasn't been as arduous or long as initially feared, then reach out to me via the following means:
Office Line: 0191 338 7540
LinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'
Anything discussed will remain completely confidential and fully compliant with GDPR.