My client is a Microsoft Gold Partner based in Washington, D.C. that has an immediate need for an Azure Infrastructure Engineer.
- Serve as technical lead on assigned projects and interface directly with customers during requirements gather, system design, and implementation.
- Support the design and implementation of a cloud security services strategy for monitoring the IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions for customers across Azure
- Work within a team and lead cloud based engineering efforts supporting the deployment of security monitoring capabilities and hosted infrastructure management.
- Attend cloud based strategy and steering meetings. Provide technical expertise to support continued adoption and implementation of cloud security principals. Support new cloud customers with the integration and adoption of customer security services.
- Support the architecture, design, deployment, and migration of the customers on-prem business applications to the Cloud (Azure).
- Delivery of Cloud infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives
- Interpret and provide solutions on complex technologies/architectures.
- Provide advanced systems and intermediate network support as requested as part of troubleshooting analysis.
- Provide technical expertise with infrastructure migration methodologies
- Mentor existing staff on cloud computing best practices and technology
- Support on-premises hosted infrastructure with activities related to capacity planning, maintaining, and sustainment
- Design and deliver secure cloud solutions in Azure
- Strong background in Windows Server and Microsoft based applications.
- Experience with network devices and boundary protections (Ex: Cisco Switching, Firewalls)
- Networking experience and an understanding of network protocols, DNS, VPN, and load balancing
- Proven experience working with infrastructure a code
- Demonstrated scripting experience preferably with PowerShell.
- Support capacity planning and cost assessment reports based on expected usage
- Applied systems engineering experience working with design principles and Windows server applications
- Installing, configuring, and hardening Windows systems (Windows 2012, 2016)
- Knowledge and implementation of Federal security baselines.
- Familiarity with Virtualization and Containers
- Ability to document in depth information regarding system security baselines, configurations, deviations, and justifications for security recommendations