The Systems Administrator, DBA is a cross-functional role within the I.T. department which works closely with the business units to provide administration, configuration and analysis for several multi-system platforms.
Candidates for this position REQUIRE an understanding of the following:
- T-SQL programming language, knowledge and experience with a mainstream development language and programming techniques, experience with system testing and auditing processes, and prior experience in the management of Microsoft Windows server-based systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- This position is 30% ongoing system administration for a number of 3rd-party and proprietary platforms for the warehouse and home delivery departments of the logistics division.
- 30% is dedicated to administration of integration systems between internal and customer systems.
- The remaining 40% involves configuration and customization of the systems through proprietary development environments along with the testing and implementation of new features.
- Provide on-going system administration for a number of complex, multi-server SQL-based systems.
Daily management and administration of:
- HighJump, RedPrairie, or similar "Warehouse Management" (WMS) MGMT Systems: 1 year (Required)
- Genesys management (proprietary) platform for Home Delivery. (Not required)
- Move Track, a hosted, third-party relocation management system.
- Provide on-going system administration for integration with customers, clients and vendors.
Daily management and administration for:
- EDI messaging for warehouse operations.
- Scribe, BizTalk and SSIS integration packages for Dynamics GP/Great Plains accounting system.
- Integration with other customers, clients and vendors.
Configuration, Customization and Implementation Management:
- Configure and customize systems through proprietary development environments according to business requirements and/or customer specifications.
- Configure system parameters and customize functions according to specifications provided by operations staff and IT.
- Coordinate with I.T. staff and system vendors to modify or develop system functions for existing and new customer needs.
- Produce project timelines and detailed process for implementing new customers.
- Conduct system testing for new implementations for quality assurance.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or related field strongly preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience managing a multi-server, Windows-based server platform required.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience with SQL server T-SQL programming language and the development of stored procedures required.
- Experience with SQL Server SSIS and SSRS packages preferred.
- Familiarity with X-12 EDI and other integration techniques preferred.
- Familiarity with Biz Talk Server preferred. Must have a valid driver's license.
This position has some off-hour responsibilities:
- Certain implementations must be executed after 5 pm and/or on weekends.
- The position requires availability for critical issues that occur after business hours.
- Candidates are required to have the capability to analyze the network from a remote location.