Senior NAV Consultant - London
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Use knowledge of business processes to setup and configure a fully functional solution to satisfy the client's needs
· Produce high quality application set up/configuration deliverables in accordance with the project timeline.
· Translate functional use requirements into configuration specifications, carry out the setup and assist the business teams during User Acceptance Testing
· Adhere to methodologies, standards and best practices for client configurations
· Provide feedback regarding application engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices when appropriate.
· Identify potential points of contention for missed activities and notify project leadership of situation and remediation plan.
· Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects.
· Produce system deliverables (i.e., Configuration specification and documentation of client configurations) on projects assigned.
· Provide training and assistance to end users in the key functional areas of NAV and setup thereof
· Identify new non-standard NAV requirements and work closely with other teams to communicate and document these
· Maintain effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers, the leadership team and the peers in the Managed Service team and corresponding IT Project team.
· Proactively raise issues to Project Leads when necessary.
· Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining the project during the transition to production as necessary.
· Prepare documentation for operations.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Proactively anticipates project issues before they occur; defines the problem; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution.
· Applies judgment in implementing Application Engineering methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability.
· Sound analytical skills and problem solving skills needed to manage multiple technical challenges simultaneously per each project assigned when needed.
· Solid interpersonal communication and team skills required to operate as a contributing member of global technical teams that deliver quality services.
· Strong skills in the functional side of NAV understanding the impact a configuration has on the resulting client solution and level of reporting possible
· Good technical knowledge of NAV including system set up, data migration and development
· Possesses an understanding of IT Services: service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure.
· Ensure that the latest functional features of NAV are fully utilized whenever possible in order to achieve the best implementation for the given client
· Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by IT.
· Good level of communication skill in English is mandatory.
· Bachelor's degree in a technical field and/or equivalent work experience.
· Hands on work experience developing, integrating and delivering enterprise-wide applications using Microsoft Dynamics NAV
· It is essential to have worked in at least one global rollout, i.e. projects involving multiple countries
· Good knowledge of business processes and strong analytical skills to turn requirements into proposed configuration of NAV
· Must have worked with NAV 2013 or later versions, preferably NAV 2017
· Experience from NAV Set-up, configuration, migration, UAT and transition essential with extensive knowledge of RapidStart Services in NAV
· Strong knowledge of bookkeeping and finance function set up and operation required, hereunder company consolidation
· Must have detailed knowledge of receivables and payables in NAV, including production of VAT statements and bank reconciliation
· Experience with OCR solutions, particular Lexmark as part of a NAV implementation, would be an added bonus
· Any previous experience with BI solutions and development of reports/dashboard is an advantage. This could include Jet Reports.
· Good knowledge of PowerShell is required, particularly the NAV-related commandlets
· Experience of working with SQL Server from a basic administration point of view (SQL Server 2008R2 and newer).
· Knowledge of Azure is an added benefit, but not a requirement
· Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships.
· Demonstrated expertise in application design and construction, work breakdown structure of items, design and code reviews, unit test and build activities, deployment and performance related activities, documentation, support and training/mentoring.
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
· Ability to work within diverse, global, virtual teams.
· Proven ability to thrive under pressure.