Senior Linux Administrator/Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Contact: Alex Colbeck
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 338 6622
One of my clients based in Johannesburg are currently looking for a Senior Linux Engineer. They run their own payments platform in which users can buy and sell different products ranging across the full retail space.
With a massive foothold across SA they have established themselves as one of the largest retail providers and payment platforms in the country with branches all over SA.
We are currently looking for a senior Linux Engineer who has experience on multiple operating systems but most importantly a focus on RedHat (CentOS). Although your key responsibility will be to work on systems administration and engineering you will also have responsibilities across the full Infrastructure space from Networking, security and troubleshooting to scripting with BASH and Puppet, experience in these areas is strongly beneficial.
- Over 5 years' experience working within the Linux space with strong exposure to RedHat (CentOS).
- Scripting exposure to Bash and Puppet.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages such as bash
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Apache, PostgreSQL, nginx, etc.
- Strong grasp on configuration management tools, such as Puppet and Chef or Ansible
- Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Proficient with network tools such as iptables, HAProxy, etc.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, such as Xen
- Ability to build and monitor services on production servers with tools such as Zabbix or Nagios.
- Knowledge of servers and switches, SAN Storage.
- Knowledge of tools such as Kubernates and Docker.
If you would like to apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you have any questions call +44 (0) 191 338 6622 to schedule a call back.
Nigel Frank International Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Nigel Frank International is the leading Microsoft recruitment firm globally, advertising more Microsoft jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Partners and End Users throughout Africa and the Globe and we have never had more live requirement jobs for Microsoft Infrastructure and Cloud professionals. By specialising solely in placing candidates in the market I have built relationships with key employers in South Africa and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Cloud and Infrastructure jobs are.