Responsible for all aspects of transactional accounting of the Company, Including:
- Accounts Payable: Process vendor Invoices; record credit card transactions; process vendor payments
- Accounts Receivable: Process client Invoices; apply cash received; run monthly statements, assist Contract Manger with collection needs
- Fixed Assets: Process additions, retirements, impairments; record monthly depreciation
- Inventory: Transact use of materials to jobs; procure materials for jobs; lead and direct annual physical Inventory (Including WIP)
- Payroll: Process bi-weekly payroll for all employees; record payroll expenses accordingly
- Reconciliations: Monthly - bank; investment; credit card
- Internal Controls: Develop, as needed, and maintain accounting practices and policies to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and other internal reporting. Ensure practices and policies are compliant to applicable regulations. Stay abreast of current, proposed, and actual changes in regulations
- Reconciliations: Period - all balance sheet accounts; selected Income statement accounts
- Financial Reporting: Period Financial Statements - generate period financial statements; perform analysis (sub-ledger, financial and variance); complete supporting schedules; liaise with external Government CPA firm(s) for completion of package for Company Ownership. Actively look for and communicate ways to optimize P&L.
- Government Reporting - compile and submit, or assist in compiling and submitting, required Government reports per contractual requirements. Process and submit both the Sales and Use Tax returns and the annual Property Rendition Tax return.
- Internal Reporting - develop and communicate Internal KPIs and status reporting margin by client, job, major component as recognized per job.
- Budgeting and Forecasting - lead annual budget process; compile forecasts as needed; proactively notify and develop countermeasures with Company Ownership of projected trends and possible negative impacts
Will be the Go-to person for all the Company's accounting transaction needs, financial representative to Company Ownership, and the conduit for liaising with the external Government CPA firms.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Three (3) or more years' recent experience with government accounting requirements (DCAA, DFARS)
- Strong FAR and contract language knowledge and ability to translate to Company activities/reporting
- Demonstrated ability to navigate multiple tasks and responsibilities in a growing, small business environment
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience at an equivalent capacity in a manufacturing environment or similar experience within cost accounting utilizing an ERP system
- High degree of detail-orientation with intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative environment with Operations and other areas of the Company to mitigate external processing and increase data integrity
Highly desired, but not required, qualifications include:
- Master's degree or professional certification (CPA, CMA, CGFM)
- Recent experience with Microsoft NAV and Power BI
- Recent experience with a Government contractor entity
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with establishing and evolving an Accounting and Finance department
- Solid knowledge of S-Corporation taxation issues and concerns